Bruce Springsteen Announces Politically Charged U.S. Tour


Music legend Bruce Springsteen has announced a surprise nationwide tour with the E Street Band, framing the run as a defense of American democracy amid what he described as “dark, disturbing, and dangerous times.”

In an announcement video, Springsteen said the tour — titled the Land of Hope and Dreams American Tour — will begin March 31 in Minneapolis and span 20 arena dates across the United States, including stops in California, Texas, and Washington, D.C.

“We will be rocking your town in celebration and in defense of America, American democracy, American freedom, our American Constitution, and our sacred American dream,” Springsteen said, adding that the shows are open to everyone “regardless of where you stand or what you believe in.”

Without naming him directly in the announcement, Springsteen criticized what he called a “wannabe king” and a “rogue government” in Washington — language widely interpreted as a reference to former President Donald Trump. Springsteen has long been one of Trump’s most vocal critics, frequently arguing that the former president betrayed working-class Americans.

By opening the tour in Minneapolis, Springsteen also drew attention to recent federal immigration enforcement actions in the region, which he has previously condemned. The singer said the tour is meant to unite audiences through music while encouraging civic engagement and resistance to political division.

The announcement immediately sparked widespread reaction online, with supporters praising Springsteen’s activism and critics accusing him of politicizing entertainment. Regardless, the tour is expected to draw significant attention as it coincides with a highly charged political season in the United States.